ESTYN 2018 Summary
Pupils at Pontarddulais Primary School are proud of their school and show high levels of engagement during lessons and other learning experiences. As they move through the school, most pupils, particularly those with additional learning needs, make at least good progress in their learning. Pupil focus groups contribute increasingly well to the life of the school and nearly all pupils show a good understanding of their rights and responsibilities as ethical and informed citizens.
The new headteacher and deputy headteacher set the strategic direction of the school and share their vision effectively with the whole school community. Theschool’s focus on developing leaders across the school contributes well to the strong team ethos and the implementation of the priorities for improvement. They have high expectations of staff and pupils and communicate these clearly. This is having apositive impact on the provision and pupils’ standards across the school.
ESTYN 2011 Summary
The school’s current performance
The school’s prospects for improvement
Pontarddulais Primary School is a good school because:
- there are excellent features in the headteacher’s leadership which impact highly effectively on improving standards and the quality of learning;
- nearly all pupils make good progress;
- teaching is good overall;
- pupils’ behaviour and attitudes to learning are very good;
- the school provides a stimulating and inclusive learning environment that engages learners;
- staff know their school well and work collaboratively and effectively in securing improvements.