Work for the Summer Term 2020 is in the 'Activities for School Closure' folder.
Education At Home
If you'd like to access links to enhance your child's education at home you can use free Twinkl resources that are available to all parents. You simply have to create a account and use the code which is CVDTWINKLHELPS .
To access the Year 1 resources you can follow the link we've placed on your child's J2E account. It's the folder named 'Twinkl Online'
Don't forget that you can also access a wealth of resources on HWB and BBC Bitesize/Cbeebies etc.
There is also a wealth of resources on our 'Useful Links' page.
Year 1 Homework
Please practise these with your children at home when you can.
- Read your school books to a member of your family or your pet.
- I-Spy key words using your school book.
- Letter formation.
- Sound recognition from the assessment
- Key word flash cards from the assessment sheet
- Write a simple sentence… I like… I went to… My favourite toy is… My best friend is… My favourite story is… It is about...
- Sing nursery rhymes and Welsh songs (can be found on Twinkl)
- Read your favourite books and write what you like about them, along with a picture
- Write your own story and share it with your family.
- Play what is in the box? Put everyday household items in a box and write describing words based on what it feels like.
- Look at interesting pictures on http://www.pobble365.com/ and ask/answer Who, What, Where, Why, When and How questions.
- Count to 100 forwards and backwards.
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s to 100.
- Practise writing out number bonds to 10 and 20 (7+3=10, 17+3=20)
- Using number cards, find the missing number.
- Addition using 2 and 3 numbers within 20 – 6+2=__.
- Subtraction using 2 numbers within 20 – 5-3=__.
- Double and half of numbers up to 10.
- 1 and 2 more and 1 and 2 less of a number within 20.
- Cut things in half practically (Pizza, fruit etc)
- Telling the time to o’clock and half past each hours on an analogue and digital clock
- Days of the week in English and Welsh
- Months of the year in English and Welsh
Top Marks Learning Games- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
Letters and sounds - - http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/
BBC words and pictures - - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007t298
ICT games - - https://www.ictgames.com/
You tube – Jolly Phonics - - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvAYUvQUrGo
You tube - blending words - - Mr Thorne and Geraldine giraffe https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEB&search_query=mr+thorne+and+geraldine+the+giraffe+